Last Updated: December 9, 2015
TellApart Ads Policies
If you choose to work with TellApart, you are required to adhere to the following policies. If you fail to comply, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your campaigns or account as indicated in the terms and conditions you have in place with TellApart.
All advertising, as well as the products and services being advertised, must clearly comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Products with questionable legality and compliance will be interpreted conservatively.
We may update these policies from time to time. Please note it is your responsibility to keep up to date with these policies.
If you have any questions about this policies please contact your TellApart Account Team.
TellApart customers may not run advertisements that contain the following content, or that promote the following categories of products or services:
- Adult or sexual products and services
- Sexual content or content adult in nature (e.g. products with adult/pornographic content, nudity, escort or prostitution services, marriage broker services, sex toys)
- Online sale of alcohol and branding
- Copyright/Trademarked goods
- Content or merchandise that contains images or content that infringes on the copyright or trademark rights of their respective owners
- Counterfeit goods
- Goods that attempt to deceive consumers into believing the counterfeit is a genuine product of the brand owner, or to represent themselves as faux, replicas or imitations of the genuine product.
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- The sale or promotion of drugs and drug paraphernalia including drugs that are generally illegal globally, as well as some products that may be legal in some countries.
- Endangered species products
- Products obtained or made from endangered, threatened or protected species, as well as the sale of such species
- Financial products and services
- Short term loans, free credit reports tied to recurring subscriptions, for-profit mortgage assistance relief services, foreclosure prevention Loans with a term of 60 days or less
- Gambling content
- Products and services that facilitate gambling including gambling-related software, lottery tickets, sports betting, and goods/services that are redeemable by engaging in gambling activity.
- Hate, sensitive content, and violence
- Promoting or advocating against protected groups based on race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status
- Promoting violence against people or animals
- Promoting organizations or individuals that promote hate, criminal or terrorist-related content
- Inflammatory content, particularly of a religious nature
- Health and pharmaceutical products and services
- Prescription drugs, OTC drugs, vitamins, health supplements, dietary supplements that contain anabolic steroids or are marketed as containing steroid-like substances.
- Prescription medical devices, medical devices intended for use by health professionals only, and Class II or Class III medical devices as defined by the FDA
- Penis enlargement and breast enhancement products or services
- Illegal products and services
- Products and services that are considered illegal in targeted countries or regions
- Spyware & illegal hacking products and services
- Products that enable access illegally or without authorization to computers, accounts, networks, and phones, etc.
- Software and tools used to illegally hack protected media or bypass digital content management systems
- Tobacco and tobacco accessories
- Tobacco, cigarettes including alternatives such as electronic cigarettes, cigars, tobacco pipes, rolling papers, hookahs
- Unauthorized ticket sales
- Counterfeit tickets or reselling tickets for sporting or other events without prior authorization.
- Weapons and weapon accessories
- Guns, ammunition, fireworks, knives that could be used to inflict harm
- TellApart customers may not use TellApart services in any website, application, or service directed to children under 13, or in any website, application, or service that collects or stores age information from individuals under the age of 13.
- TellApart customers may not use TellApart services to market or advertise to users under the age of 13.
- TellApart customers may not use TellApart services to market or advertise the following products or services to minors , or in an application web site that is directed to minors:
- Alcoholic beverages and related accessories, branding or sale
- Weapons, ammunition, or weapons training/certification, and related news and information
- Projectile, BB, or pellet guns/devices
- Aerosol paint or etching cream capable of defacing property
- Tobacco or tobacco accessories, including electronic cigarettes
- Any controlled substance or paraphernalia
- Drug paraphernalia
- Any substance/material containing Salvia divinorum or Salvinorin A
- Dietary supplement products
- Prescription drugs
- Tanning in an ultraviolet tanning device
- Gambling products and services, including lotteries, casinos, etc.
- Body branding such as tattooing, body piercing, or permanent cosmetics
- Sexual content or content adult in nature (e.g. products with adult/pornographic content, nudity, escort or prostitution services, marriage broker services)
TellApart customers may not use TellApart services to collect information about, create ads relating to, or in any website, application, or service relating to any sensitive information, which includes:
- Alleged or actual commission of a crime
- Negative financial status or condition
- Political affiliation or beliefs*
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or philosophical affiliation or beliefs
- Sex life
- Trade union membership*
Advertisers may not run advertisements which assert or imply knowledge of personally identifiable or sensitive information, even when the ad has been created and targeted without using such information.
*Does not apply to Advertisers in the U.S., provided that the associated data comes solely from U.S. users.
Our editorial guidelines are in place to ensure that users have a positive user experience. As such, the following content is prohibited:
- Low editorial quality and misleading content
- Creatives should not be gimmicky, misleading, distasteful, or of low editorial quality
- Images and product descriptions that do not contain the product being offered for sale or relate to the merchandise
- Offensive language
- Do not include language or images in creatives that could offend, disrespect, or shock users
Twitter Ads Policies may also apply, for example if content is promoted through Twitter Ads products.